The communist marvel Smena 8M

It took me a long while to get through a roll of FP4+ with my Smena 8M, but I'm happy with the results. It's a very compact device that is easy to have with you. And it really is Made in USSR.



To me the Smena's optical quality is just as good as you will ever need. And the odd focal lenght of 43mm results in quite unique pictures.


It doesn't have any kind of a light-meter, and it keeps you on your toes adjusting the settings. I guess thanks mostly to modern films' good quality the exposures are mostly usable.


One thing I noticed is that the viewfinder shows a tighter view than what is captured, so you gotta take that one more extra step forward before taking the shot.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matchbox pinhole camera and the meaning of life

By popular demand

RealitySoSubtle 6x6